Sarah's 23 month birthday started out with a bang! My sweet, beautiful, angel baby had a febrile seizure today and just about scared me to death. I like to think that I'm a pretty calm nurse when i'm at work taking care of other people's kids. but when she started convulsing today, everything i knew went out the window for a minute and i panicked big time. i have never felt so terrified, alone, and helpless in all my life. i've seen lots of seizures in my days, but when it's your own child, it's totally different. after i finally composed myself, 911 was called and she was taken to the hospital. of course, she's fine, just a little sleepy. i'm staying up tonight to watch her and make sure it doesn't happen again, along with keeping the tylenol and motrin at hand. thanks to my dad for bringing jesse and i some food after the ordeal. and to lisa, gregor, and grandma carol for coming to check on her. Tuesday, July 27, 2010
Sarah's 23 month birthday started out with a bang! My sweet, beautiful, angel baby had a febrile seizure today and just about scared me to death. I like to think that I'm a pretty calm nurse when i'm at work taking care of other people's kids. but when she started convulsing today, everything i knew went out the window for a minute and i panicked big time. i have never felt so terrified, alone, and helpless in all my life. i've seen lots of seizures in my days, but when it's your own child, it's totally different. after i finally composed myself, 911 was called and she was taken to the hospital. of course, she's fine, just a little sleepy. i'm staying up tonight to watch her and make sure it doesn't happen again, along with keeping the tylenol and motrin at hand. thanks to my dad for bringing jesse and i some food after the ordeal. and to lisa, gregor, and grandma carol for coming to check on her.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Tell Sarah I love her and I'm praying for her.
Post a Comment